About Me

My photo
Hello world this is Stephanie speaking. So pretty much this is what you need to know about me. I love just laying back and enjoying life. I paint,draw,i'm on student council, wish I could surf, and yea. It kicks butt. And that's just the only way to put it. Enjoy my blog!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Crucible Cast list

This is my cast list for the Crucible. Let us begin.

John Proctor: Christian Bale




I chose Christian Bale for the role of John Proctor because he is an attractive farmer and he also has to be buff for being a farmer. I feel that Christian Bale fits all of these characteristics very well. One Christian Bale is a VERY attractive man. He can also work with his role to fit it very well. Christian Bale is very good at being a diverse actor he could be fighting crime to being on Little Women. I think that he would develop into a very good John Proctor.



Reverend Samuel Parris: Richard M. Langworth




I chose Mr. Langworth as Rev. Parris because he is described as a man that is really only focused on his job, what people think of him, and is constantly afraid that someone is after their job. He would be perfect for this role because in previous Harry Potters he has played just that role, the Minister of Magic. A man that is just pretty much focused on one person and that is himself. he has had experience as this kind of character so that is why he would be perfect for the role of Rev. Parris.

Abigail "Abby" Williams: Qweneth Paltrow






I chose Qwyneth Paltrow as the role of Abby because Abby is said to be a pretty girl and is also known to  hide secrets. I feel that Qwyneth Paltrow fit both of these characteristics very well. One she is very pretty. But she also gives a feeling of she could be hiding a secret behind that smile of hers.






Tituba: Naomie Harris







This is the perfect Tituba in my eyes. Naomie just says witch form Barbados. Tituba is a slave that dose magic, spells, and witch craft. In Pirates 3 she plays the role of the witch kind of woman that does spells and is kind of a mystery.  I think that is exactly what Tituba is she does spells and is a bit of a mystery.





Goody Rebecca Nurse: Julie Andrews






I chose Julie Andrews as Goody Nurse because Goody Nurse is a kind older woman that has many children and grandchildren. So  she knows how to deal with kids in their ups and downs of growing up. I think that Julie Andrews would be perfect for this role because she just look like she is a good mother and a good grandmother. Julie also give the feel if a child is acting up she knows how to deal with it in a loving and kind way.




Goody Elizabeth Proctor: Maggie Gyllenhaal






I chose Maggie as the role of Goody Proctor because Goody Proctor is said to be a sniveling, lying, hateful woman. I feel that Maggie Gyllenhaal fits all of these very well. Maggie just looks like she could be that woman whose husband has cheated on. Sorry but it is true.






Rev. John Hale: Johnny Depp







I chose Johnny Depp as the role of Rev. John Hale because Rev. Hale is a man that knows everything on witches, spells, and the devil. Johnny Depp is just such a divers actor he would be perfect in any role. He just seems to be the kind of person that would really get into this role and find out all he could about all the thing Rev. Hale knows.



Mary Warren: Dakota Fanning







I picked Dakota Fanning as the role of Mary Warren because Dakota can play the role of that girl that was in the wood last night doing spells. Dakota also is the kind of actress that is good at playing the role of someone who has a secret; just like Mary Warren. She also is the type that will play the role of someone following orders from the older girls.






Goody Ann Putnam: Meryl Steep






I chose Meryl Steep a the role of Goody Ann Putnam because Goody Putnam comes across as a woman that has had to go through a lot in her life and has had a lot of problems with the neighbors. I think that Meryl could easily play that role because she has that right edge about her that could pull her right into that character that has had so much pain in her life. Her face just looks aged by hard times and that she is holding back the tears and a little bit of insanity.

Thomas Putnam: Collin Firth




The last person I picked for my cast is Collin Firth as the role of Thomas Putnam. Thomas Putnam is the man that will cut some corner to get what he wants. He is also known to lie about what is really his. I think that Collin really just looks like that sneaky man that is after your land for his own benefit. He also looks like someone that might just go behind your back to get what he wants.

4 comments:

  1. I disagree that Dakota Fanning should play for Mary Warren. Dakota Fanning doesn't really play a quiet, soft spoken girl. I would honestly put Dakota Fanning as Abigail Williams. She is more of a ougoing loud person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also disagree that Dakota Fanning should play Mary Warren, for similar reasons. I definitely agree with Christian Bale as John Proctor though. I chose him as well. He definitely would do well in the part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you chose Richard M. Langworth for Reverend Samuel Parris. I think he fits that part perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete